Did you know that a donation of $35 can pay for a child’s vaccines, and a donation of $50 can cover related costs for an annual physical exam? Donate today!
YOUR MEDICAL HOME
United Health Centers uses the Patient Centered Medical Home care model. The Medical Home model is focused on:
- Patient Centered Access
- Team-Based Care
- Population Management
- Care management and Support
- Care Coordination and Care Transition
- Performance Measurement and Quality Improvement
You, as the center of the care partnership team are supported by your healthcare team to receive the best care. Your team includes your Primary Care Provider, your Medical Assistant, an interpreter if needed, a referral specialist, nurse navigator, and more.
We see patients regardless of whether they have a health insurance policy. We offer a sliding fee scale for those without insurance this is based on household income. Our centers accept all Medicaid patients. Assistance is provided to apply for Medicaid and the Affordable Care Act.
We have same day appointments available for patients who have urgent medical needs or who need preventative services. Appointments may be scheduled by phone by calling the Waughtown office at (336) 293-8728 or the Commons at (336) 999-7655.
Most of our providers offer prenatal care. As a pregnant patient, you are encouraged to see your primary care provider for prenatal care. Your primary care provider may participate in the obstetrics on call schedule and attend your birth. Your PCP can also provide care for your baby after birth and support you with a variety of programs.
Below is a list of available services we offer for you, your family and the community. Most services are available at every center. Check your local center for a specific list of services that are available.
- Infant, Child, Teen, Adult and Senior Healthcare
- Integrated Behavioral Health care
- Women’s Health, Wellness, Prenatal Care and Family Planning
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Physical Exams (school, employment, sports, etc.)
- Chronic Illness
- Minor Trauma
- Flu Shots
- Medical Nutrition Education
- Education Classes
- Laboratory Services On-Site
- Free STD Testing
- Prescriptions for PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis for patients at high-risk of contracting HIV)
- Medical Staff On-Call 24 Hours a Day
- Care Management
- Social Work
- Crisis Intervention
- Community Referrals
- Short-Term Counseling
- Patient and Family Education
- Substance Abuse Referrals